I've wrote a patch to support DESTDIR and remove the "-o" and "-g"
statements on the install commands (which should be removed from the
install commands and let %files section on the spec file take care
about files permissions and ownerships). It's a solution for packagers
that have a %file section to write but how to deal with it when not
packaging?
I was testing my DESTDIR solution but you asked for it before I got it
finished... I prefer to wait for a reply from Matt now.

Thanks.

--
[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre