Tren Blackburn wrote:
Sorry to top post, but what options did you configure 5.4.9 with and what did you configure 5.4.27 with? How do you determine what messages go to which branch? Via smtproutes? Forwards? Mx records? IP over Avian Carrier (IPoAC) ;)

5.4.9 was configured with ./configure --enable-logging=p
5.4.27 is configured with  ./configure --enable-logging=v
--enable-onchange-script

Branches download messages with fetchmail according to local fetchmailrc configured with users sitting at that branch.

Inter branch messages are delivered to the central server by maildirsmtp and downloaded by other branches fetchmail. It is only these messages that are bouncing with the looping error.

Regards
Koustubha Kale

 >> The setup has been running well with vpopmail 5.4.9 for past few years.
 >> Due to very heavy load on qmail-scanner we decided to implement John
 >> Simpson's validrcptto.cdb to filter out invalid recipients before
 >> messages hit qmail-scanner. As part of this we upgraded vpopmail to
 >> 5.4.27 in order to get the onchange functionality. The validrcptto
 >> mechanism now works perfectly.
 >
 > After re-reading this, it may not be vpopmail's vdelivermail process
 > rejecting the message.  It may be a qmail process.  Just something
 > to think about.

No, because just reverting back to vpopmail 5.4.9 solves the issue without touching qmail in any way. Its the combination of maildirsmtp and vpopmail 5.4.27 thats causing the trouble. Everything
else is working fine.

!DSPAM:49f1569d32681969490961!