Hi Matt,

A small note on some of this.

Matt Brookings wrote:

Wouter van der Schagt wrote:
1) A ./configure without any additional options gives no warnings,
however when specifying --enable-roaming-users I get the following error
messages when the relay file is in /etc/tcp.smtp and the .cdb counterpart.

configure: WARNING: Unable to find your tcpserver relay file.
configure: WARNING: Creating /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp

Has this behavior changed since vpopmail 5.4.25?

Yes, but it should have detected /etc/tcp.smtp.  I will look into this when
time permits.

Why not put it all in a directory called /etc/tcpserver. Since I'm not only ACL'ing SMTP, also POP, IMAP, vpopmaild, etc. etc.

So like /etc/tcpserver/smtp with the plain rules, and /etc/tcpserver/smtp.cdb with the compile rules?

2) When configuring with   --enable-domain-quotas=n , the output at the
end of the configure reveals quotes as turned on in the following line:

domain quotas = ON  --enable-domainquotas (default)

Is this intended behavior or is my previous option false?

I will look into this.  Any reason for disabling domain quotas?

3) After building vpopmail 5.5 and the mysql backend .. without errors
(configure, make, make install). I get the following error message when
executing :

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain domain.com test

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain: error while loading shared libraries:
libvpopmail.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Make sure ~vpopmail/lib is in /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig

4) The vusaged. I cannot get it installed / configured. The INSTALL says
to edit the config files in step 3

 # vi /home/vpopmail/etc/vusaged.conf
 # vi /home/vpopmail/etc/vusagec.conf

But the second config file does not exist.

Did you run 'make install'?  It should have copied it from the source directory.

5) Continuing then to step 4 of vusagd install requires a chmod 755
/etc/init.d/vusagd to permit execution. This is not in the INSTALL file,
perhaps it can be added. It won't work without it.

Noted.

6) The output of /sbin/chkconfig --add vusaged and /sbin/chkconfig
vusaged on is (respectively)

insserv: warning: script 'K01vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'rc.vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0) of script `halt'
overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `sendsigs'
overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (6) of script `reboot'
overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script
`umountnfs.sh' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `umountroot'
overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (0 6) of script `umountfs'
overwrites defaults (empty).
vusaged                   0:off  1:off  2:on   3:on   4:on   5:on   6:off

and

insserv: warning: script 'K01vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'rc.vusaged' missing LSB tags and overrides

Some are not relevant of course, but some are. How about adding the LSB
tags and overrides?

LSB tags?

Linux Standard Base, I think Debian introduced (enabled) this in Lenny. I though it's just making some remarks about your init.d script in the script's header.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb

7) Trying to start /etc/init.d/vusaged start results in "failed".
Starting it manually results in the same:

/home/vpopmail/bin/vusaged: error while loading shared libraries:
libvpopmail.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Eventhough the libdir according to the configure output seems to be
correct.

Same as above for ldconfig.
- --
/*
    Matt Brookings <m...@inter7.com>       GnuPG Key D9414F70
    Software developer                     Systems technician
    Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.     (815)776-9465
*/

--
HTH,
Harm van Tilborg