I can replicate the problem by removing the Logs directory and then running the command that gets executed after root is automatically logged in:

C:\cygwin\home\root\VCL\Scripts\post_load.cmd >> C:\cygwin\home\root\VCL\Scripts\..\Logs\post_load.log

I'm not sure why the directory doesn't exist within your saved image. There should be an empty Logs directory on your management node at /usr/local/vcl/tools/Windows/Logs. Does this directory exist?

The Logs directory on the management node should get copied during image capture along with all of the other tools files. There should be an entry in the vcld.log file for the image capture process that looks something like this where the copy occurs:

scp -B -i /etc/vcl/vcl.key -P 22 -p -r /usr/local/vcl/bin/../tools/Windows/* vmguest-1:C:/Cygwin/home/root/VCL

If the directory exists on the management node, you can troubleshoot by deleting C:\cygwin\home\root\VCL on the Windows computer and then run the similar SCP command from the vcld.log file. Check if Logs gets copied.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Terry McGuire wrote:
Hello VCL folks.  Thanks to much assistance by Andy, VCL troubleshooter
extraordinaire, I've got something approaching a demo-able VCL system right
now.  I've got multiple Windows images and multiple Linux images.  And I've got
multiple vmguests to run things on and multiple user accounts, with varying
permissions, to do the running.  I do, however, have a few more minor issues,
that would certainly become major if we choose to roll out a larger scale
system at some point.  In particular:

While Windows image captures *almost* succeed without issue, they still get
snagged in a very specific spot.  In the captured image, the post_load.cmd will
always fail unless I manually tweak the image by adding a Log folder to
C:/Cygwin/home/root/VCL.  Once it's there, everything works fine, but, clearly,
this'll get pretty labour intensive once folks are making their own images.

Any ideas what's wrong here?  Any ideas what the best fix might be?

Regards,
Terry McGuire

Terry McGuire
Junior Analyst, Research Support Group
Academic Information & Communication Technologies (AICT)
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada  T6G 2H1
Phone:  780-492-9422

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged
information.  Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended
recipient of this communication.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication, do not copy, distribute, or take action on it.  Any
communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or
destroyed.

--
Andy Kurth
Virtual Computing Lab