Josh,

I had one more clarification.

partimage binaries run in the management node to capture an (stateless) image from the compute node right? In that case, is there a need for these binaries to go into the rootimg.gz??

My assumption is, partimage runs on the management node (an intel blade in our case) to capture a stateless image from a compute node (a power 7 blade) and stores these images under " /install " of the management node. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Regards,
Sunil