Hi, All

I found that sometimes there is a 'disconnect' between information in SQL
database and actual state of 'available' computers.

If VCL has a bunch of availabe computers preloaded with an image and I then
update that image (new image revision), computers are not automatically
reloaded with newer image revision.
New reservation will have new image revision, but those available computer will
still have older image revision and it would be reloaded only if a user makes
reservation.
At that time it will take longer to load (ie. ~10min vs <1min for preloaded
available computer).

Also in cases when I need to reboot ESXi hosts, all the VMs are not loaded
automatically. In this case database lists those VMs as available, but they are
off-line.

I would like to share the small tool (a .pl script), which syncs available
computers with actual state of computers (VMs).

I've used peaces of code from utils.php to write it. The script creates reload
requests for all available computers using the current image and latest image
revision.
VCLD then caries out requests and reloads computers which are either have older
image revision or cannot be contacted via SSH (ie. after ESXi reboot).

I plan to run the script weekly via cron on vcld server to make sure all is in
sync, as well as after image updates.
I've tested it and it works fine. .pl is attached.

(I have hardcoded $managementnodeid value in reloadComputer(). Yours could be
different)

Thanks. ​
--
Dmitri Chebotarov
Virtual Computing Lab Systems Engineer, TSD - Ent Servers & Messaging