Hi Andy,

Once I added 'root' with an Administrator role to Vmware Server 2, as per your suggestion, it worked. I was able to capture a base image.

I added the Base Image to an Image Group.

Mmm, I am noticed that the Base Image name has change it name with in Vmware server, which is good. But the instance is still running. which I assume is normal.

I'm guessing that the next step is to create a new image from this Base Image.

I choose 'Create / Update an Image', and the Reservation screen opens, which is normal. I can't seem to be able to choose NOW. I can schedule a time in the future, and the reservation works fine. Is this normal? Is there a way to shut down the Base Image instance (letting vcl/database know that it is now free), with out making a reservation for some future time frame?

Thanks,
.Brian

  Brian Hartlieb
     System Administrator