Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Riny Qian wrote:
>

>> Darren J Moffat wrote:

>>> Why bother ?
>>

>> In order to make it look same as that on SPARC?
>

> I don't understand that comment.  Virtual Console is
> going to work on SPARC.

Virtual console switch between Xserver and consoles needs the graphics
support (enter/exit virtual console state) from Xserver.

Currently Xsun on SPARC does not support this functionality, and it
involves all the framebuffer drivers. So that would be a big effort.
We, console team, will not put effort on it in the near future. Probably
Xserver or framebuffer drivers team, or even OpenSolaris, can get it
done.