Dear VDE developers and users,

I have added to my experimental version (on svn branch named rd235)
a basic support for 802.1ad (a.k.a. QinQ).

It is possible to group VLANs together as tagged networks of a supernetwork.

The support is provided by a new port flag: allowqinq

vde$ port/qinq 3 1

this command turns on the qinq flag on port 3.
When a tagged packet comes in from port #3, and it does not match
a tagged network defined pn port 3, it is processed as it were untagged
(so it can be tagged again!).

I have also added a tag q for portgroups and setup.
e.g.:
portgroup/add q44 u44,q

The following example creates a 802.1ad link between switch /tmp/a and
/tmp/b

host A----sw /tmp/aa----sw /tmp/a---------sw /tmp/b----sw /tmp/bb-----host B

the host A sends untagged packets to sw /tmp/aa, the packets leave
sw /tmp/aa towards /tmp/a as tagged/VLAN 22, sw /tmp/a
receives the packet on a qinq enabled port and tags the packet again
by VLAN 44.

The configurations at sw /tmp/aa are: (the same at /tmp/bb)
vde$ vlan/create 22
vde$ portgroup/add t22 t22
vde$ portgroup/add u22 u22

configurations for /tmp/a and /tmp/b:
vde$ vlan/create 44
vde$ portgroup/add t44 t44
vde$ portgroup/add qinq44 u44,q

the links can be created in this way:
vde_plug /tmp/a[t44]:/tmp/b[t44] &
vde_plug /tmp/a[qinq44]:/tmp/aa[t22] &
vde_plug /tmp/b[qinq44]:/tmp/bb[t22] &

(I have added a hub connected to a tap port between a[t44] and b[t44],
Wireshark shows nice double 802.1Q headers)

renzo