Christian Wieninger wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
However, what if a plugin's Makefile doesn't provide an
'install-doc' target? You might want to make sure this
doesn't cause tons of error messages. What we would also

how about an additional grep like that? :

install-doc-plugins:
   @for i in `ls $(PLUGINDIR)/src | grep -v '[^a-z0-9]'`; do\
       if grep -q "install-doc:" "$(PLUGINDIR)/src/$$i/Makefile" ; then\
           $(MAKE) -i -C  "$(PLUGINDIR)/src/$$i" install-doc;\
       fi;\
   done;

Ok.

need is the appropriate change to the 'newplugin' script.
I would suggest the following for 'newplugin':

install-doc:
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] No documents to install for \$(PACKAGE)

If a plugin has nothing to install, it shouldn't generate any output.
I guess an empty target with a comment like "add commands to install
plugin specific docs" should be sufficient.

Klaus