Morfsta wrote:
Certainly I think the problem is that VDR is not properly doing sync,

In a way, I agree. VDR does not sync at all. Never.

Simplified, here's what the VDR playback really does:

- Read data from file in frame-sized chunks into read buffers
- If the DVB driver accepts data, read a frame from buffers
- Filter the PES packets for current video and audio track
- Write the packets into the DVB device.

Thats all. VDR just delivers the data stream as fast as the DVB device accepts it. The DVB devices do all the syncing and timing.

And thats why I think that this is a firmware issue, not a VDR issue, simply because VDR does almost nothing to the video.

Cheers,

Udo