Kartsa kirjoitti:
Laz kirjoitti:

I thought about trying that but bear in mind that that would also replace the *.conf files (unless they are elsewhere) and the epg data. You'd have to restart vdr for the mounting.

Another point to watch out for is you need to do a "touch /video/.update" to get vdr to acknowledge the mounted recordings. If you get the permissions right, you can delete and edit the remote recordings with no problems.

Cheers,

Laz

I have only recordings in video directory so that is no problem. No I've tried it but ran into rights problem when touching .update. Even though I set rw rights in exports and mount shows me that I do have rw set for the mount. Propably this is due to the fact that the original mount does not want to unmount for some reason. Ive tried doing it manually without help. Not even an error message. I might have to settle with the subdir solution.

\\Kartsa
Solved the permission problem. It turned out that nfs uses root_squash option as default and I had to change that. I think this is due to tha fact that in server video directory in a mounted drive. Anyway now I have a client server system where I can use the commands.conf to swap the recording list between two systems. That is I mount one over the other and touch .update file.

So now I have server with two dvb-c cards of which one is FF card. I've got streamdev and subtitles plugins running.

Additionally I have a client with one dvb-t card and Matrox G400 Dualhead with DirectFB and softdevice plugin for vdr. Also there is subtitles plugin in slave. This client is also independent vdr for moving it from one place to another (where is dvb-t signal).

Now it remains to edit commands.conf on server so that I am able to watch client recordings on server :)

\\Kartsa