Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na Klaus Schmidinger ha escrit:
Udo Richter wrote:
Pjotr Kourzanov wrote:
  I am experiencing VDR errors when loading EPG via SVDRP. If the EPG
data to

I have recently sent the attached patch to Thomas Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
It dramatically speeds up getting EPG information from VDR.

I think the OP problem is the reverse: getting EPG data into vdr, not out of it.

Bye

Indeed, I was referring to the problem of loading the data to VDR. Tweaking the watchdog timer looks like a dirty workaround to me - the value depending on amount of EPG data to be loaded divided by the speed at which this data could be transferred to VDR (do we assume
loopback access, or ethernet? maybe wireless or WAN/VPN access?).

I have neither investigated the problem deeper yet (just found a way to split the EPG data into parts), nor looked in the source code. Is it so difficult to convince the watchdog that while SVDR thread is busy it is actually doing useful work?

Pjotr