I have Fedora Core 6 and vdr installed using yum. The problem is that it takes all the cpu time after boot and I have to restart vdr to make it run properly. I have vdr-1.4.4 with softdevice-0.3.1 and subtitles-0.4.0. My cpu is PIII 550MHz and I use softdevice with Matrox G400 (and DirectFB). After restarting vdr it works fine but that is not very convenient :) I've tried changing the point when vdr starts by modifying the init scripts chkconfig values.

After restarting vdr cpu load is about 60%.

Any hints? I.e. how/when should matroxfb kernel module be loaded? Now I load it in rc.modules.

\\Kartsa