Marko Mäkelä kirjoitti:
And this is oprofiler output

CPU: CPU with timer interrupt, speed 0 MHz (estimated)
Profiling through timer interrupt

Please try appending "lapic" to the kernel command line.  The timer
interrupt is the last resort to use when the performance counters
are unavailable.
I have to test this out also.
samples  %        image name               symbol name
9500     98.0595  anon (tgid:2600 range:0x48c000-0x48d000) (no symbols)
188       1.9405  vdr                      (no symbols)

Please compile softdevice and vdr with -g, or at the very least do not
strip them.  We're interested in the function names.
What do you mean by -g? Where does that option go? I must point out that I am quite a novice in linuxe still.
I suspended softdevice output from the settings but it made no change. Still after reboot vdr takes all cpu time.

I would suspect that you haven't set up TCP/IP networking before
starting vdr for the first time.
I did make a working linux box with all updates before even installing vdr.
Have you applied any patches to vdr?  I don't think that this is
affected by softdevice at all.
As I said in the first post (and some lines up) I set this box up by first installing FC6 and updating it. Then by using yum installed vdr and subtitles plugin. Then I downloaded vdr source and used it to compile softdevice because there is no ready made package for it. I downloaded also subtitles plugin to have vdr compiled as the yum installed version.
Somewhere in the middle I also installed DirectFB.
Now that I try to think afterwards what I did and when I am not sure about anything. I wanted to use yum to get all installed as easily as possible. Maybe I should get FF card and forget softdevice - its much easier :) Thats how I have my other vdr box.
Maybe I'll start from the scratch and install everything in right order.

I made a test and recompiled vdr and plugins and put starting command in rc.local. Now it starts ok and cpu load is about 60%. But if I let FC6 initscript start vdr I get 99%cpu load on startup.

\\Kartsa