Marko Mäkelä kirjoitti:
On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 11:56:56PM +0200, Kartsa wrote:
So, hdparm did no good.

Did you try sdparm?  Serial ATA looks like SCSI to some tools.
Nope, because there was no sdparm. For some reason did not think to check if such exists at all :)

This is what sdparm gives but I don't have the knowledge to find dma specific info in this. I see that there is something about dma but is it enabled or not??

sdparm --long /dev/sda
   /dev/sda: ATA       ST3200822AS       3.01
   Direct access device specific parameters: WP=0  DPOFUA=0
Read write error recovery [rw] mode page:
 AWRE        1  Automatic write reallocation enabled
 ARRE        1  Automatic read reallocation enabled
 PER         0  Post error
Caching (SBC) [ca] mode page:
 WCE         1  Write cache enable
 RCD         0  Read cache disable
Control [co] mode page:
 SWP         0  Software write protect

sdparm --long /dev/sdb
   /dev/sdb: ATA       SAMSUNG SP0812C   SU10
   Direct access device specific parameters: WP=0  DPOFUA=0
Read write error recovery [rw] mode page:
 AWRE        1  Automatic write reallocation enabled
 ARRE        1  Automatic read reallocation enabled
 PER         0  Post error
Caching (SBC) [ca] mode page:
 WCE         1  Write cache enable
 RCD         0  Read cache disable