Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 06/16/07 15:36, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>> Those were the ones suggested in Alexander Riedel's original patch.
>>> Which ones would you suggest?
>>>
>> If you will decide to go with fontconfig, just for the record, the
>> relevant aliases AFAIK are "sans-serif:bold", "sans-serif", and
>> "monospace:bold", i.e. for the current defaults "Arial Bold", "Arial"
>> and "Courier Bold". There probably is another way to specify bold (or
>> query bold capability) using fontconfig functions as well, but :bold
>> seems to work for me.
>
> Yes, I'm currently going for fontconfig - looks very promising so far.
>
> And your hint is much appreciated - that's exactly what I needed
> right now :-)

About those bolds.. It seems using the ":bold" suffix isn't reliable,
i.e. at least here using "monospace:bold" and calling FcFontSort returns
non-monospace fonts ahead of the wanted monospace fonts.

Using this it works correctly, though, and the bold monospace font is
returned first:
FcPatternAddInteger(fc_pattern, FC_WEIGHT, FC_WEIGHT_BOLD)

--
Anssi Hannula