Jouni Karvo wrote:
> Segers,Jan J.K.T. kirjoitti:
>> have a look here:
>> http://www.global-itv.com/
>
> thanks.  I found a couple of channels.
>
> It seems that vlc is able to play the stream correctly, with both audio
> and video by itself.  But when I try to use it together with iptv
> plugin, it seems that for some reason audio is lost.
>
> I use vdr-xine for output.
>
> Xine output seems like it gets the audio, but it does not get any
> synchronization info correctly, as it just reports skipping audio:
>
> excerpt from the xine logging:
>
> plugin mad will be used for audio streamtype 01.
> audio_alsa_out:open pause_resume=1
> output sample rate 48000
> audio jump, diff=-2160
> set_speed 1000000
> ao_flush (loop running: 1)
> video discontinuity #25, type is 0, disc_off 0
> waiting for audio discontinuity #25
> ao_close
> audio_out: no streams left, closing driver
> audio discontinuity #25, type is 0, disc_off 0
> waiting for in_discontinuity update #25
> vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 3418578
> ao_flush (loop running: 1)
> video discontinuity #26, type is 0, disc_off 0
> waiting for audio discontinuity #26
> audio discontinuity #26, type is 0, disc_off 0
> waiting for in_discontinuity update #26
> vpts adjusted with prebuffer to 3418610
>

> This is the corresponding stream entry for channels.conf:
>
> Bahn TV;IPTV:3:IPTV|EXT|iptvstream.sh|3:P:0:4+3:5:0:0:1:0:0:0
>
> What should I try?

Hi Jouni

I decided to give Bahn TV a try and could also reproduce symptoms of
missing audio.

It seems that the transcoding engine of vlc gets confused by the audio
bitrate setting iptv plugin uses by default. So far I haven't found
other channels than Bahn TV that are affected by this.

Try lowering the value of ABITRATE found in iptvstream.sh from 320 to
e.g. 192. After such a modification the stream worked fine for me.

--
Antti Seppälä