I demand that Gregoire Favre may or may not have written...

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 10:20:40PM +0300, Igor wrote:
>> please, try with this Makefile version from Walery
>> http://allrussian.info/thread.php?postid=1226030#post1226030

> Thank.

> I'll be lazy and wait for a current patch against xine-lib-1.2 :-)

For these changes to have any chance of being accepted, they must be:

  * based on current 1.2
  * split up into a series of incremental patches
    - a functional xine-lib after each patch is considered useful :-)

and they must have:

  * the necessary changes to get libw32dll built on amd64
    - unless it won't work on amd64, of course...
  * copyright/licence headers in each new file
  * suitable descriptions for each patch, with summary lines
    - this will make for easy import and useful output from "hg log"

ffmpeg remains the preferred option, though.

[snip]
| + Use more efficient products. Use less.          BE MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT.

Economy makes men independent.