On 03/05/08 22:12, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Sami Sundell ha escrit:
>> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 05:51:07PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>>
>>> I'd say this whole thing is a DXR3 problem, not a core VDR problem.
>>> Therefore I'm afraid I can't contribute to the solution...
>>
>> Looks like it, but thanks anyway.
>>
>> ... found the 0.2.x-branch in the dxr3 plugin CVS, which gives me
>
> Yes, that's the "good" one (I don't think anybody is working on the HEAD
> version).
>
>> picture but still bleeding subtitles. Now it won't crash if I try to
>> access the OSD, it just stops responding to remote. :P
>
> Well, I also had to modify dvbsubtitle.c (with some hints from the
> dxr3-plugin mailing list), and since I go from one vdr version to the
> next one with the patch, I forgot it.
> Attached is a diff from the stock dvbsubtitle.c in 1.5.17 and the
> version I'm using.
> I don't know if it's a good or bad patch but it works here, no bleeding
> and the lirc remote is responsive.
> I also cannot say if any of the other patches I have make a difference.

There's one thing I can say: this patch is not going into the official
VDR source. The problem is in the DXR3 plugin: the correct way to handle this
is for the OSD object to truthfully report whether it can handle the
requested areas or not, and if it claims to be able to handle them,
then do so

Klaus