On 03/05/08 22:55, Udo Richter wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Users in Germany should please test this, too, and do an
>>
>> export VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE=ISO-8859-9
>>
>> before starting VDR.
>
> In case we do head for a single override option, wouldn't it be more
> consistent to do this with a command line option instead of an
> environment variable?

Let's first see if a single override is sufficient.
I wouldn't want this workaround to manifest itself too much
in the normal VDR operation. If there are different code overrides
necessary, we'll probably need something like a
"workaround-broadcaster-stupidity.conf"
file...

BTW: I wish this thread would have been started as a new one, with a proper
subject...

Klaus