Hi,

serge pecher schrieb:

> Please give the test-*.mpg files a try:
>
>       http://home.vrweb.de/~rnissl/radio/
>
> Add the option -l to xine's commandline to have it play the file
> endlessly.
>
> [serge pecher]
> The 4:3 test file gives me a 4:3 image (from bottom to top, and black bands
> L&R), and the 16:9 a full screen image
>
> So that seems ok to me

vdr-xine's setup menu allows you to set scaling factors for 4:3
and 16:9 images. So setting X and Y factor for 4:3 images to 133
will stretch the 4:3 image proportionally to 16:9, cutting off
some part on top and bottom of the image. In case such a 4:3
stream contains an 16:9 image (e. g. a movie), you'll only loose
the black bars on top and bottom ;-)

In case you have a 16:9 broadcast which carries a 4:3 image the
4:3 scaling option won't help you much, as it does only look at
the aspect ratio and not at any black bars contained in the
image, so it wouldn't make use of the 4:3 factors. In such a case
you may want to change the scaling factors for 16:9 images to
avoid the black bars on the left and right side of the image, but
it is a bit annoying that you'll have to change this setting over
and over.

Be aware though, that most movies show an image which is 2.1:1
and therefore you'll even see black bars on top and bottom when
such a movie is broadcast 16:9 and you have a 16:9 TV set.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]