On 03/26/08 07:35, Lucian Muresan wrote:
> Éric Laly wrote:
>> Klaus Schmidinger a écrit :

>>> Please try setting VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE=ISO-8859-9 before starting
>>> VDR. This should fix it.
>> This is fixed !
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Looks like this is set globally, for all of the epg data, right? What
> about mixed charsets from different providers (I know for sure there
> are, and there are also the "external" data sources like tvmovie2vdr and
> the like fetching some xmltv listings and injecting the data via SVDRP)?

The DVB standard provides for a way to mark text strings, so that
applications can correctly determine the actual encoding. The
VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE is just a workaround in case your "main"
provider fails to correctly encode their strings.

External data source simply need to provide the strings in the
encoding used on your local system (presumably UTF-8).

Klaus