On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:47:35 +0200 (EET)
Mika Laitio <lam...@pilppa.org> wrote:

> >> I checked boxstar web-page (http://boxstar.sourceforge.net/index.html)
> >> and I have to say that the goal of the project is ambiguous. Hopefully
> >> the developer can actually do it.
> >
> > Do you mean ambitious? Yes, it is going to be a big challenge, but
> > hopefully it'll get there one day.
>
> At least for now it seems to use vdr as a backend. Has anybody tested it.

I should let on that I'm the developer and I've been using it a lot. I
started writing it back before VDR had a media player, so some sort of
frontend was really needed; even now I think boxstar has a lot of
advantages over VDR's media player, but VDR, especially with the
xineliboutput plugin, did improve a lot so I wasn't motivated to develop
boxstar's own DVB support.

Now I've got a DVB-S card and a DVB-T card together, VDR's channels
management just isn't good enough, so because of all sorts of other
niggles and because I don't like C++ enough to make big changes to VDR I
want to press ahead again with boxstar's DVB support.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk