If I understood the issue correctly, Alex (the OP) has problems
because the USB receiver gives BOTH kb events and makes a lirc device,
and the KB events are not wanted and cause problems.  I'd look in
/dev/input to see which event device is the one for the KB side of the
receiver and disable it; perhaps via Xorg.conf (I'd assume this is
somehow possible). That would be a general solution for all software,
including those that don't have an option for disabling keyboaard.But,
as already stated by Jukka, vdr-sxfe already has one... but then maybe
we didnt understand the issue correctly =)

Ville Aakko - ville.aa...@gmail.com