Off-topic question:

Are there any (free) EDID binary data editors available that are able to
edit the CEA block
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDID#Extension_Block_Details ?

I'd like to disable 1080i modes from my EDID via CustomEDID option to
avoid Nvidia drivers to use them as back-end resolution for scaling all
modes on my HD-Ready LCD TV. 720p modes give best visual result but
latest Nvidia driver's artificial intelligence decides that 1080i is
best for me :^(

I'm too lazy to decode, encode and compute checksum for the block by
hand :^)

BR,
Seppo