The relook400s for example has an option (it can be turned on or off)
where a 30 minutes buffer of live tv is recorded to allow to rewind livetv.

This recording is automatically deleted when you zap to another channel, hence
the Wife Acceptance Factor is very high.

Whenever my wife sees in vdr 'channel not available' she freaks out and waits
for me to come back from work, and then nags how vdr is not working again.

It is nearly always instant recordings causing this and she is intimidated by
the routing of deleting the recoding with the @ and then zapping.

VDR is wonderful but it would not hurt to have options (I repeat options, that
can be enabled only if desired) that make it more acceptable to non-technical
users.