Reelbox eHD DA is poor, so there is no any reason to use analog output. HDMI
output is ok, but there is couple items to remember: chipset have only one
scaler/video processor. So if analog output is active, video is for it. HDMI
gets same -> video is not pixel to pixel, it is always scaled! To get right
quality out of HDMI, turn off analog output completely.

Second issue is caused by HDMI itself, there is very few displays with
576i/480i support. With HDMI eHD reads display capabilities and end result is
most of cases 576P/480P even that ui tels 576i/480i. eHD internal processing
for i->P is poor, so SD looks quit bad.

When you get combination where eHD outputs pixel to pixel 576i (or what native
resolution of video is) signal over HDMI/DVI and TV scales it properly, quality
is perfect. Much beter than FF card with RGB, it is clear with comparison how
DA-AD process lost one bit of every color channels.

If reelbox-3 plugins would work better (working FF/FR, no delays on replay
commands) it is the best video output currently. It outputs original
video/audio as it is with out micro stuttering.

Here is proper settings for eHD, when you have HDMI/DVI display and it support
all resolutions (576i, 720p and 1080i in Europe)

Output: HDMI
Analog Output: off
Display Type: 16:9
Aspect Rations: Fill to Aspect
Resolution: 1080
Refresh Rate: 50Hz
Deinsterlacer for SDTV: Off
Resolution change: Media resolution
OSD scaling: Fill to screen

With proper display, digital video is now 1:1 on pixel/frame level.

--
Vesa