Hi,
On Do, Nov 12, 2009 at 02:41:53 +0200, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
> command: chroot /my/chroot/area /usr/bin/vdr-sxfe
>
> Create the chroot with the help of the tool ldd, ldd vdr-sxfe will
> tell you what shared objects vdr-sxfe requires to start. This is an
> interim solution until xineliboutput supports the original request.

Afaik this would run only the frontend under a chroot environment.
The filebrowser of the mediaplayer runs not inside the chroot.
So it doesn't restrict the filebrowser of the mediaplayer.

> If you use pipe then you need to link that into your chroot
> environment. If you don't want to use vdr-sxfe in remote mode and
> rather use local frontend. Then I guess the whole vdr will have to
> placed into a chroot environment.

Sorry if my question was not understood currectly.
I don't want to run sxfe/vdr etc under a chroot env.
My concerns are about the build-in filebrowser of xineliboutput.
It should be restricted to a special folder like /media.
This whould avoid damages to the system  :-).
More ideas?
BR.
halim