En/na Steffen Barszus ha escrit:

Any card will do or should I look for a specific one with some form of spdif pass-through?
I don't have experience on this and its not a concern for me, but maybe still give you some facts:

* the cards all have an audio pass trough, no connector though
* the card reports to have an audio device
* this audio device is not supported yet, but some people reported success to at last get it recognized with some patches, not sure if its working for anyone allready

Well, considering that I cannot find a way to get audio through hdmi with my laptop and I couldn't get much help on the alsa-users mailing list (as couldn't another folk with the same laptop 5 months ago), I am worried.

Bye
--
Luca