On 24 February 2010 15:37, VDR User <user....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Torgeir Veimo <torg...@netenviron.com> wrote:
>> True it's a problem with xineliboutput, but VDR is useless for HD
>> without any HD output device, and xineliboutput is by far the most
>> used one. Talking about VDR HD completeness without considering it is
>> wrong IMHO.
>
> I'm not convinced xineliboutput is the most used output by far, or
> even at all.  Of the VDR users I talk to, vdr-xine is the easy
> majority.  But regardless what's used, I don't think it's fair to say
> VDR isn't fully ready for HD when it's the output devices that are the
> problem.  I've only used vdr-xine myself and can say it works great in
> my experience.

Ok, I don't claim to know usage figures. I still think output devices
needs to be taken into account when discussing VDR in a HD context.
Without output devices, VDR is much less usable.

> Btw, there will always be a slight delay (which is hardware related)
> when tuning.  However, it shouldn't be more then 1-2 seconds.

Channel change is fast, but it is as if xine after half a second after
normal playback
decides that it wants a larger buffer of frames, thus freezing
playback for half a second, before recovering.

I am not sure if it's due to underbuffering or audio sync.

--
-Tor