In vnsiserver, ac3 spdif sound seems all mixed up.  ATSC here only uses
AC-3, but 5.1 sound only plays with Left and Right front speakers, so I
can't hear any dialogue.  On my HD-PVR, I get no sound at all, xbmc sees
an AC-3 stream, but the info page says 0 speakers?  However, the audio
settings while the stream is playing believes it to be a 5.1 audio track
(which it is..)

vnsiserver seems much better with the hdpvr as it doesn't start and stop
the stream three times like streamdev does..  (Big blue light flashes on
the hd-pvr box when it's being used.)

Streamdev will not display output correctly from my pvr500 card using
pvrinput.  It works with vnsi and obviously vdr-sxfe..

Well, on the other hand, streamdev works with eac3 not vnsserver. In france HD TV use eac3 for audio.

Sreamdev works thus better than vnsiserver for me .

--eric