On 08/19/2010 12:55 PM, martinez wrote:
Hi,

I have an onboard nvidia 8200 graphics card, using vdr-1.7.15 connecting with
xine  and using xv , not vdpau
At the moment out of habit I am using the nvidia proprietary driver, but should
I use the open source instead? Which one is likely to yield better performance
in my setup?

Still the nvidia proprietary driver. There as been various benchmark of nouveau vs nvidia at phoronix which clearly shows there is still a long road for nouveau even if it is making steady improvements and old chipsets are now nearly on par. It vastly depend on the CPU you have to help GPU.

-- eric