On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:16:37PM +0300, Prelude wrote:
> I have suffered this annoying judder in both live and recording viewing.
> My  config_xineliboutput: http://pastebin.com/kxe7RvX0
> xorg.xonf: http://pastebin.com/6fCvWvxU

sorry, from that configuration alone I can't tell you what's going wrong.

When I started to setup my VDPAU machines (end of last year) I
first made sure that the Xserver really is running a 50Hz modeline.
I mostly play 25/50Hz streams. This way I found an Xserver bug/misbehavior.
Only if I explicitly set the modeline params manually in xorg.conf I get
real 50Hz output (instead of 60Hz).
Please see attached my xorg.conf. Always try:

DISPLAY=:0 nvidia-settings --query RefreshRate

to verify. Even the Xorg.0.log lies about the fact that 50Hz are active
but in reality it uses 60Hz. Maybe nVidia has fixed that in the meantime.

After this tuning to a channel with live ticker gives me perfect results.
There is not any judder at all.

The problem with all this juddering is that the symptom 'judder'
alone gives you no hint at all about the root cause of the problem.

Maybe you first verify your current nvidia-settings result.

cheers
  Thomas

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    HorizSync       50.0 - 60.0
    VertRefresh     50.0
    Option         "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "true"
    Option         "UseEDID"             "false"
    ModeLine       "1920x1...@50p"       148.500 1920 2448 2492 2640 1080 1084
1089 1125 +hsync +vsync
EndSection

Section "Device"