> From: Hannu Tirkkonen
> Subject: Re: [vdr] Replay Problems with Extension HD
>
> On 14.10.2010 19.17, Vesa wrote:
> >> From: Rolf Ahrenberg
> >>
> >> Would it help to modify the plugin's GetSTC() method only when
> >> replaying?
> >>
> >> + if (Replaying())
> >> +    STC -= 500000L; // or configurable: 900L *
> ReelSetup.STCDelayMs;
> >>

> > Yes, that works. Complete fix for ReelBoxDevice.c around line 996:
> >
> > - return (stc == 0) ? -1LL : stc;
> > + if (Replaying())
> > + stc -= 520000L;
> > + return (stc == 0) ? -1LL : (stc&  0x00000000FFFFFFFF);
> >

> > With this change Reelbox delivers stc in correct format and timing is
> > correct for live show. For recordings 520000 is suitable mid range
> offset on
> > Yle SD feed. I assume that eHD buffer is for mpeg/h264 and delay is
> based on
> > bit/s.
> >
> OMG :) It's really working.

Unfortunately it is not working.. The Working Fix is this:

- return (stc == 0) ? -1LL : stc;
+ if (Transferring()){
+ stc -= 90000L;
+ }
+ else {
+ stc -= 520000L;
+ }
+ return (stc == 0) ? -1LL : (stc & 0x00000000FFFFFFFF);

Replaying returns always true, Transferring returns true only for live. eHD
seems to need small delay also for live.

With this patch eHD looks usable device. I have to do long time testing for
stability, but so far it is more stable than xine/vdpau based solutions. I'm
using reelbox testing tree version 15208 for reelbox-3 and eHD device
driver.

--
Vesa