On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:26:08 +0100
Paul Menzel <paulepan...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 19.03.2011, 11:49 +0000 schrieb John Williams:
>
> > I have adapted the standalone "redbutton" program
> > (http://redbutton.sourceforge.net/) into a plugin for VDR. This
> > allows me to view the "Redbutton" data service broadcast by the BBC.
>
> great to hear that. To everyone as ignorant about MHEG as me please
> read [1]. John, thank you for the screenshots on your project site.
> Unfortunately MHEG is not available in Germany according to [1].

As far as I am aware, this is only used by the BBC in the UK, and by a
few other countries. I believe some other countries use a different
system called MHP.

> > This is a preliminary version of the plugin and it is not robust
> > enough for general use, but if anyone would like to experiment with
> > it, the source code can be downloaded from
> > http://pond-weed.com/redbutton/
>
> I could not find a repository on your site. I think it greatly eases
> the task to provide patches. If you do not want to set one up
> yourself and you need a host you could use for example [2].

Most of the code was written by Simon Kilvington as a stand-alone
program, and I want to co-operate with him, so I need to talk to him
about this.

Regards,
John