On 05/15/11 19:36, Dominic Evans wrote:
On 15 May 2011 13:58, Klaus Schmidinger<klaus.schmidin...@tvdr.de>  wrote:
I'm just trying to build VDR on openSUSE 11.4, which comes with
xgettext/msgmerge version 0.18.1. For some odd reason, when doing

  make i18n

the sequence of the messages in the *.po files is completely different
than before, which would cause a huge and unnecessary diff in the next
developer version of VDR.

Does anybody know if the gettext-tools have been broken at some point?
Is there a way to get the previous sequence of messages back?

FYI Ubuntu natty similar has 0.18.1 but doesn't change the order of
messages in the .po files when doing make i18n (at least not on the
1.7.18 snapshot).

Strange...

I can't seem to make this beast generate the same *.po files
as before the switch to openSUSE 11.4 :-(

I guess I need to add the '-s' option to the xgettext call to
make sure the sequence of texts doesn't depend on the sequence
of the input files.
Maybe should have done this from the very beginning...

Klaus