On 03.06.2011 22:33, Johan Andersson wrote:

Klaus,

I got a new reply from Teracom, where they had looked into this and could not
see any problem on their end. They did say they had recently
changed coding platform for TV6 though but it produced correct codes.

So, I did some further analysis of this, and I believe now the error is in
vdr/remux.c.

It seems the 'new coding platform', before an I-frame, always puts the picture
startcode, ie '00000100' at the end of the TS packet. This means that the code:

independentFrame = ((Data[i + 2] >> 3) & 0x07) == 1; // I-Frame

looks at the wrong byte, as i+2 > TS_SIZE

For non-I frames it can appear anywhere in the packet. The idea seems to
be that an I-frame is always at the start of a TS-packet, do not ask me why.

So, your instinct of rejecting my suggestion for a patch was correct.

I have sample TS data of this stream, or dvbsnoop output of the relevant
PID, if you are interested.

I am very interested!
Can you put the sample data somewhere I can download it?
The dvbsnoop output might also be helpful.

Klaus