On 18.7.2011 15:14, Dominic Evans wrote:
2011/7/18 Henning Pingel<henn...@henningpingel.de>:

>  Am Montag, den 18.07.2011, 14:49 +0200 schrieb Luboš Doležel
>  <lu...@dolezel.info>:
>>  I'd like to experiment with DAB+ as there are now some broadcasts in
>>  my country.
>>
>>  Are there any DAB+ receivers known to work under Linux? Does VDR (or
>>  other tools) support it? There is little information that can be found
>>  on this topic with Google...
>
>  even if a product exists, there remains the question regarding a driver...
The Psion Wavefinder [1] (old USB product from circa 2001) works with
Linux using OpenDAB [2]. The Changelog for the most recent version of
this suggests DAB+ support has been implemented.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Wavefinder
[2]http://ignum.dl.sourceforge.net/project/opendab/opendab/OpenDAB-0.06/

I did some further googling and found this:

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/dvbt-usb-dongle-free-digital-tv-and-dab-on-your-computer/

Beside the VHF band it also supports L-band, which is used in the Czech Republic (and Italy). That is good.

They claim to support Linux, but I would first check with them to make sure it applies to the DAB+ feature as well.

But I still haven't found any console scanning tools. OpenDAB appears to be a one-off solution for a single piece of hardware...

--
Luboš Doležel