On 2011.12.18. 1:23, Kartsa wrote:
How about DLNA? I found something about DLNA server plugin but was not
sure how it was used. If I would install that plugin and byu a DLNA
player could that combination work? Or better yet does anyone have any
experience on such combination?

I'm using vdr + streamdev-server + mediatomb on server side and Asus HDP-R1 on client side based on this howto:
http://www.hpaschke.de/blog/2011/02/upnp-for-vdrs-live-streams/

It's a better than nothing solution, but is far away from being a native vdr client. You can forget EPG, timers, etc. What you can do is to watch live tv, after selecting a specific channel from a list, or replay vdr recordings with no jumpto, ff, rewind or other nice functions.

István