On 14.01.2012 15:21, Lou wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out. That explains some of the problems I experienced
with vps timers:

Consider this:

timer #1 scheduled for 22:20-22:50 - no pdc time defined by the broadcaster, so
vps time is set to 22:20.

timer #2 scheduled for the following event (22:50-23:20) , but uses a pdc time of
22:20. Both events are not related -> there's no interest in combining these
two events like it's done with sports.

You see the problem? vdr won't let you set vps-timer #1 AND #2 , you'll have to
switch one of them to manual.

This happens occasionally - I assume it's partly the broadcaster's fault for
choosing pdc 22:20 instead of something else like 22:30, but vdr could figure
this out using event ids as a second marker. This could add some more
flexibility to vps programming.

PDC times *must* be unique within one channel - otherwise they're no good.
It's the provider's duty to choose them correctly.

Klaus