In article <4f5e50a4.8010...@embl.de> you write:
>Hi,
Hi, sorry for the late reply...

>Can somebody point out at a resonably priced DVB-S (or DVB-S2) USB2.0
>card to use with VDR?
>
>I found this one:
>http://www.buydvb.net/tbs5922-usb-dvbs2-tv-box_p41.html
>
>but it seems a bit expensive...

I don't have experience with usb dvb-s tuners but I can report
good success with this dvb-s2 one using the (now) Linux 3.2
v4l/dvb tree under FreeBSD using webcamd:

        http://engl.technotrend.eu/2779/TT-connect__S2-3600.html

 Previously on Linux it needed the s2-liplianin tree but apparently
since kernel 3.2 the pctv452e.c driver it uses has finally reached
mainline.

 I realize this one is not as cheap as you may be able to get an
old dvb-s-only model, but for dvb-s2 it's a pretty good price
I think, and the important thing is unlike some other usb tuners
this one _works_ and isn't picky wrt the usb host or anything like
that. :) (and the remote works too, and you can even use an universal
remote with a pvr350 config using ir-keytable in case you need extra
buttons for things like starting/stopping vdr-sxfe or xbmv-pvr, or
for fullscreen toggle.)

 HTH,
        Juergen