Thanks Klaus and Dave,

Dave wrote:

There is a 'Series Link' plugin for VDR which can cope with varying times for items in a series, see http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/vdrtva

The plugin was written for the UK 'Freeview' DVB-T service, though it should work with any implementation of the 'TV Anytime' standard ETSI 102 323.

Though it seems that the NZ DVB-T service was inspired by the UK one, I'm unsure how similar they are at the technical level. Some documents I've quickly looked at state that the EPG is carried in MHEG-5, others that the TV-
Anytime CRIDs are present in the EIT as they are in the UK.

Unfortunately I am outside our DVB-T coverage area and am using DVB-S, which uses the 'no frills" EPG and VPS is not used here.

Regards,

Richard