On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Gero <geronimo...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Well, *I* think, that there's a big difference between keeping things in order
> compared to spreading things all over the place.

I can't stand when things are installed all over the place. It's too
messy and pointless in my opinion. I'm in the habit of simply running
VDR from it's source dir and using symlinks. It makes things very easy
like archiving working/test sources, changing between versions without
any needless 'reinstall'ing, etc. I see no benefit what-so-ever to
installing over running VDR from the source dir, unless of course
you're using pre-compiled binaries.

As far as the patch, is it really necessary to split the files up even
further? What is the real benefit? Also, don't different distros use
different dir structures, so what's common on some may not be on
others? If this is an attempt to standardize something, it's probably
best to find a standard that exists across _all_ distros (if this
isn't the case here).