> von Vidar Tyldum <vi...@tyldum.com>
> Why are the majority of the users German - and why does it stay that way?
Is it for the greater benefit of VDR?

This is not the fault of the german users, VDR is historically a "german
speaking project", initiated by a german guy, used by the biggest VDR
community, german, austrian and swiss people. I guess most of them don't
feel save enough to write in english, they don't want to be blamed for not
being nativ speaker and vdr-portal.de is far the better way to find
information and solution.

You should rather ask why the rest does not join this biggest VDR forum?
There are a lot of people answering in english ...

> von Christopher Reimer <c.reimer1...@gmail.com>
> Then tell me why was there no answer on the mailinglist thread.

Nobody did oversea the consquences and all are surprised due to this eat and
die change, obviously initiated bottomline by one person.

Again it is absolutely not against the change, it might be necessary, but
not now and not in this way. I'm not anymore sure that VDR is a kind of
community project, where here and there are thoughts about all participants.
This number here reminds me more on George Orwells Animal Farm.

Let 1.7.3x become a stable branch and postpone this change to the next
development cycle. So, everybody does get time to get saddled for this
change but with an HDTV capable fallback.

===
Kind regards
fnu