On 10.03.2013 20:40, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 10 2013, fnu wrote:
>
> > But to change it in a global way like this is IMHO not a way to go.
>
> Did you understand my suggestion? Here again: not writable: warning, not
> readable: exit. Is that a problem for real-life systems?

For most people read-only is a plain error?

Read-only CAN for e.g. happen after an error when the filesystem is
mounted with "error=read-only" (ignoring the runtime-case, when VDR is
already running when that happens).

And you may not see a warning and only notice that something went wrong
after you lost a recording that didn't happen.
A not starting VDR is a little more noticable than an apparrently
working one that just can't record anything.

So if VDR suddenly changes behaviour i can gurantee you that at least 1
person will be bitten by it.

As you said you are a single person, would you think it is fair to the
person that will losse a recording to have lost it because you wanted a
change in behaviour that was only for yourself with no apparent gain for
others?

--

Matthias