I'm currently implementing support for steerable dishes, loosely based
on https://linuxtv.org/patch/12911. In doing so, I'm defining a virtual
base class cPositioner, which defines all the functions necessary to
control the positioner. An implementation of cDiseqcPositioner will
allow control of "DiSEqC 1.2" and "USALS" motors. A plugin can derive
from cPositioner and implement its very own way of controlling a
positioner (like through a serial or USB port or whatever).

The question I have now is: will it be enough to have *one* single positioner
in any given setup, or are there actually users who have more than one
positioner?
Supporting only a single positioner (as is done in the aforementioned patch)
of course simplifies things quite a bit. So I wouldn't want to add this
level of complexity unless there is a real need for it.

Any opinions?

Klaus