Hello Everyone,

This is my second post regarding putting VDR on a BBB.  I was a little
disappointed that no one responded to my first posting.

Since then I have poured over google to find as much as I can about what I want
to do.  On Ubuntuforums I found a user that installed VDR using
apt-get install vdr <and 4 xine plugins>.  I was amazed that it all installed
without any errors and when I rebooted the BBB it was running VDR automatically.
I updated some of the configuration files but when I did apt-get install
vdr-plugin-hdhomerun (to support my HDHomeRun Dual) I received an error
 that it wanted a newer version of VDR, but the version, 1.7.22 is newer than
the plugin???  I was also hoping to get VDR version 2 because it seems to
have support for HD TV and ATSC that I think I need here in the US. It seems
that recording TV from the HDHR to disk is an easy task, if I can find
the software to do it.

My question is, does anyone think it is possible to get VDR 2 running on a
BeagleBone Black (running Ubuntu 12.04) with a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Dual
as the tuner?  I'm an experienced user, but new to Linux.  I've already spent
several weeks learning and I have no problem learning more to see this
finished.  But am I beating a dead horse?  Internet wisdom seems to indicate
that MYTHTV is the way to go for the HDHomerun.  But I like everything I have
read about VDR.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks Bruce