On 02/06/2012 10:34 PM, Federico Simoncelli wrote:
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/Design/LiveMerge

I'm missing details on the behavior in case of failure.
I assume once a backward merge started, the underlying image is "corrupted" and must be used only via the higher layer.

as this is a touchy issue, I'd expect the design to explain how this is going to be represented in vdsm and engine if such a failure happens.
(engine would affect UI, if needed).
obviously, reverting to that previous node in the chain is not relevant once a backward merge started.

http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/Design/StorageLiveMigration

I'd mention this is currently done only in same host, and in same DC.
live migrating between hosts/DCs requires more work on all components.