Hello,
  vdsm now have UT suits for developer, but sometimes building and
installation machine is not the same one, and additional check is need
which is ignored at building time, so I think some test cases should be
also run on target machine to check potential errors, Then I want to
introduce a sub package as VT suits.
Purpose:
  UT: for developers, more likely a white box, running on building
environment.
  VT: for user and deployment, more likely a black box, running on
 product or testing environment, all known issue should be covered.

Supposed approach:
  1 modify building system to generate package: vdsm-VT.rpm.
  2 install as an option, after install, user type "vdsm-VT" would make
the test begin.

Planned details:
  1 Going to place cases in vdsm project in ./tests/VT.
  2 On installation will move some useful UT cases into VT.
  3 use same framework UT used.
  4 two sub dir in test/VT: user_case_test;general_test.

  It is just a scratch from my mind, so I'd like hear your opinions.

Best Regargs:

Wenchao Xia